Episode One: The Copper Mark: The Industry’s Commitment to Responsible Production.
Tuesday, July 7, 2020: 2.30pm – 3.30pm BST
Earlier this year the first and only comprehensive social and environmental assurance system for copper, the Copper Mark, was formally launched. The Mark gives copper mines a tangible way to demonstrate their responsible production practices and contribution to the United Nations SDGs.
– Michèle Brülhart, Executive Director of the Copper Mark.
– Georgina Hallett, Chief of Staff for London Metals Exchange.
– Alan Chirgwin, VP of Sales and Marketing for Copper and Diamonds, Rio Tinto.
Episode Two: EV Motors – Propelling Copper into the Future.
Tuesday, July 21, 2020: 2.30pm – 3.30pm BST
Growth in copper demand follows the trajectory of the global car market, where pure battery-electric cars are predicted to extract the greatest value in the coming years. Electric traction motors present a significant source of growth for the copper industry over the next decade. Join us to hear how copper will remain a vital commodity in this ever-evolving market.
– Luke Gear, Senior Technology Analyst, IDTechEx
– Marcin Seredynski, Head of Innovation and Research, Volvo
– Simon Brockway, Advanced Motor Research Manager, Protean Electric Ltd.
– Cleef C. Thackwell, Lead Motor Designer, Jaguar Land Rover